Without sales, it’s impossible to have a successful business. We’ve compiled a list of 7 tips for effective selling that will make the shopping experience better for your customers while making your life easier! What are your tips for great sales and happy customers?
1. Greet your customers when they walk into your store or up to your booth. A friendly smile and eye contact let them know you truly care about them. Even when it’s been a frustrating day, stay positive!
2. Have a well-organized booth or store. Believe it or not, when customers aren’t overwhelmed by too many products or extraneous things and are able to easily find what they want, they’re more likely to buy them.
3. Make certain products are clearly labeled with the price. Selling is a yes or no question, and if a customer can’t find the price tag, their answer is far more likely to be “no”. Avoid an instant “no” by performing the simple task of putting price tags on your products.
4. Not only is pricing important, but so are signs! Make things easy for your customers by using signs to direct them to key areas of your store or specific parts of your booth. Use signs as sales aids to show customers where to find things such as new products and special deals.
5. Attention to detail in your displays. Create displays that draw people in, paying attention to color choices, backgrounds, orientation, and other visual merchandising aspects. Product presentation matters! Arrange your items in an attractive, logical manner so that customers don’t have any trouble finding what they’re looking for.
Gems Tip: Try using jewelry trays and liners to keep items organized. And don’t forget that trays aren’t just for jewelry! They can be used to organize a whole range of items from ties to sunglasses (and much more).
6. Show them how to use your product. People like the experience of buying, and you can involve them in the process in a variety of ways. For example, do you sell beads? Have a display with a bead necklace on it so that customers can visualize how the beads will look around their neck. Are you going to an art show? Bring your jewelry making tools with you and work on something in your booth!
7. Listen to your customers. You’ll learn a lot about what they want if you listen to what they say. After all, it’s important to remember that selling is all about giving people what they want. The easier it is for them to find what they want, the more you’re going to sell.